Maintaining your body can seem like a daunting task some days. We've all been there and we get it! Some days it might seem like the aches and pains of getting older just keep creeping up on you. Or maybe you wake up in the morning and feel fantastic? No matter what stage of life you are in, or the level of wellness that you have achieved, sticking to the basics will keep you headed in the right direction!
Exercise is something we all know that we should be doing, but it's not always at the top of our list of things we "must do" daily. There are some easy ways to get more exercise without changing your entire life's schedule. Trying one of these a week will add longevity to your life, and will only take up a few extra moments in the process.
- Try parking a little further away from the entrance at the next store you visit.
- While shopping in the grocery store, take a couple laps around the store before you check out.
- If there's an elevator in the lobby, maybe take the stairs?
- Instead of letting your puppy outside on his own, take him/her for a walk around the block.
Water is one of the most basic needs we have as human beings. Our body requires consumption of water to assist in all of the body's functions. With the vast variety of beverage choices at any local convenience store, choosing to drink water is sometimes a difficult choice. Consider the following when choosing your beverage for the day:
- Water aides in digestion, removal of toxins and waste, and promotes healthy regeneration inside the body.
- Drinking plenty of water through out the day can help with headaches, can reduce constipation, and promote heart health.
- Drinking water regularly can help with joint inflammation, aches & pains, muscle cramps, and stiffness.
Eating a healthy diet can absolutely improve your level of health & wellness, in the short and long-term. It can be difficult to completely change the way that you eat, but making some small changes to your diet could make all the difference. At the supermarket, gas station, or just about any store that offers food to purchase, you will find many "new" options that are more healthy and natural. Paying attention to what you put into your body will ultimately determine what you get out of your body!
- Choose snacks that are natural as opposed to processed ( apples instead of fruit snacks)
- Choose fresh ingredients when ever it is possible (visit a local produce stand!)
- Talk to your doctor about choosing the best diet for YOUR body
Visit our Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest health & wellness tips, happenings at Henderson Podiatry, and new and exciting podiatric news!
Please feel free to share our blog posts with your friends!